Beyond Pesticides Daily News is taking a holiday break and will return on Wednesday, January 2, 2008 with restored energy and vision to keeping charging ahead. In the meantime, we would like you to tell us your wishes and vision for change in the new year as we seek to protect health and the environment. Please contribute your holiday wish(es) by commenting on this blog entry. Also, please consider a contribution to Beyond Pesticides this year. If you have already donated to the Beyond Pesticides’ program, we thank you deeply because you make it possible for us to continue our important work. We look forward to working with you to make 2008 a happy, healthy and pesticide-free year for you, your family, your community and those most threatened! We are thankful for all our members and supporters who enable Beyond Pesticides to be a strong voice that is working to protect our air, land, water and food at home, in the workplace and in the community.
While you are writing your wish list for the new year, consider Beyond Pesticides vision for the New Year.
1. People recognize that it is a human right not to be poisoned by pesticides.
2. There is a growing movement toward pesticide-free communities.
3. Individuals, institutions, corporations and governments routinely use alternative methods.
4. Organic and green food labels are a substantial market.
5. Medical, public health and health-impacted communities help lead the pesticide reform movement.
6. The connection between chronic health issues, such as cancer, and pesticide exposure is better understood by the general public and health care community.
7. Health care providers can readily identify illnesses that are related to pesticides, and affected people receive appropriate treatment.
8. Governments at all levels enact new appropriately restrictive laws and regulations prohibiting the use of toxic pesticides.
9. There is an improved legal recognition of cradle-to-grave impacts (from production to use) and responsibility and accountability.
10. Organic integrity is strengthened.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you in 2008.