(Beyond Pesticides, December 24, 2008) Beyond Pesticides would like to wish our members and friends a happy and healthy New Year! We look forward to working with you to make 2009 a happy, healthy and pesticide-free year for you, your family, your community and those most vulnerable. We are thankful for all our members and supporters who enable Beyond Pesticides to be a strong voice that works to protect our air, land, water and food at home, in the workplace and in the community.
Daily News is taking a holiday break and will return on Friday, January 2, 2009 with restored energy and vision to keep charging ahead. In the meantime, we hope you will tell us your wishes and vision for change in the New Year as we seek to protect health and the environment. Please also consider a contribution to Beyond Pesticides this year. If you have already donated to the Beyond Pesticides’ program, we thank you deeply because you make it possible for us to continue our important work!
While you are writing your wish list for the New Year, consider Beyond Pesticides’ vision for the New Year:
1. Public recognition that it is a human right not to be poisoned by pesticides.
2. Engage residential, medical, public health and health-impacted communities in obtaining a pesticide-free environment and lead the pesticide reform movement.
3. Encourage individuals, institutions, corporations and local governments to routinely use least-toxic pest control methods.
4. Promote better understanding of the connection between chronic health issues, such as cancer, and pesticide exposure by the general public and health care community.
5. Help governments at all levels enact new laws and regulations prohibiting the use of toxic pesticides.
6. Ensure that there is an improved legal recognition of cradle-to-grave impacts of toxic chemicals (from production to use) and responsibility and accountability.
7. Organic integrity is expanded and strengthened.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you in 2009.