Gateway on Pesticide Hazards and Safe Pest Management
Back to the Gateway
- Product Names:
- Chemical Class: Triazolopyrimidine Sulfonanilide
- Uses: A post-emergent herbicide used on cereal grains (including non-underseeded winter wheat, spring barley, oats, rye, and triticale) to control broad-leaved weeds: chickweed, wild buckwheat, white clover, common danilion, broad-leaved plantaion, and cleavers in spring wheat (including durum).
- Alternatives: Organic agriculture, Organic Lawn care
- Beyond Pesticides rating:
Health and Environmental Effects
- Cancer: Not documented
- Endocrine Disruption: Possible (, )
- Reproductive Effects: Not documented
- Neurotoxicity: Not documented
- Kidney/Liver Damage: Likely (, )
- Sensitizer/ Irritant: Yes (, , )
- Birth/Developmental: Not documented
- Detected in Groundwater: Likely (, , )
- Potential Leacher: Yes (, )
- Toxic to Birds: Possible ()
- Toxic to Fish/Aquatic Organisms: Yes (, )
- Toxic to Bees: Possible (, )
Residential Uses as Found in the ManageSafe™ Database
- Regulatory Status:
- Supporting information:
- Conclusion on the peer review of the pesticide risk assessment of the active substance florasulam. European Food Safety Authority, 2015. EFSA Journal, 13(1), p.3984.
- Emerging contaminants in groundwater. Stuart, M.E., Manamsa, K., Talbot, J.C. and Crane, E.J., 2011.
- Pesticides in agricultural headwater streams in southwestern Germany and effects on macroinvertebrate populations. Weber, G., Christmann, N., Thiery, A.C., Martens, D. and Kubiniok, J., 2018. Science of the Total Environment, 619, pp.638-648.
- Proximity to agricultural fields as proxy for environmental exposure to pesticides among children: The PIAMA birth cohort Bukalasa, J.S., Brunekreef, B., Brouwer, M., Vermeulen, R., de Jongste, J.C., van Rossem, L., Vonk, J.M., Wijga, A., Huss, A. and Gehring, U., 2017. Science of the Total Environment, 595, pp.515-520.
- Spatial and temporal patterns of pesticide concentrations in streamflow, drainage and runoff in a small Swedish agricultural catchment. Sandin, M., Piikki, K., Jarvis, N., Larsbo, M., Bishop, K. and Kreuger, J., 2018. Science of the Total Environment, 610, pp.623-634.